Have you ever day-dreamed of running your own business? Are you thinking of starting a business with a friend? Or maybe your already doing your own thing but want to take it to the next level….
…well you need to read The Glitter Plan, by Pamela Skaist-Levy and Gela Nash-Taylor.
It’s for women of any age, to start anything they want to, but with core values of fun, reaching your goals and making some money!
Part memoir, part business manual – Pam and Gela write about how they started Juicy Couture from an investment of just $200 each by making items like maternity jeans, t-shirts and tracksuits to building it up to a multi-million dollar business.
Their journey was certainly a roller coaster ride, with lots of fun, creativity and a desire to launch the best LA clothing they wanted for women, tagged with the words “Made in the Glamourous U.S.A”.
Each chapter takes you on their journey from the start of Juicy to the current day of their new clothing line Pam & Gela. At the end of each chapter they summarise their advice, so that you can take their key learnings for your own enterprise.
Here are some of my favourites:
- “Believe in yourself first or no one else will.”
- “Working for yourself is supposed to be fun, but don’t forget you’re in it to make money. If you don’t, you’ve got a hobby not a business.”
- “You have to be your own customer. If you won’t buy it, who will?”
- “Not every business is going to be a success, but that doesn’t mean you don’t learn from it. Pick up and move on to the next one with even more focus on what you want.”
- “Figure out your brand DNA”
- “Keep moving, reinventing, and improving – your labels, your packaging, everything
Click here to purchase the book – enjoy the read!