One way to lighten up your load, as in not having to wear a heavy coat, is to layer up. A big trend this Spring is a hoodie with a trench coat. Trench coats are popular in Springtime anyway, but the layering technique gives you a chance to wear this option on perhaps what may not be the most warmest day.
I also love a hoodie as it allows you to ditch the scarf on a cooler day for a different look.
MY TOP TIPS
- Make sure the colours of the hoodie and trench coat compliment each other or if you are opting for a neutral trench coat then perhaps opt for a bright colour hoodie. I feel that if there is a colour-clash, it just won’t look so well put together
- There’s nothing wrong with an old hoodie, but this cowl neck style (I’m wearing) is a more up-to-date look
- By adding a slogan on your hoodie, you are hitting another trend this Spring/Summer – tick, tick, tick
- You can style this look up with heels or dress it down like I have with trainers – very versatile
- Great for your commute into the office or a relaxed look at the weekend – I think it’s also a great option whilst traveling perhaps for a city break weekend, you remain stylish whilst being quite practical
THE ‘HELLO’ HOODIE
I just want to give a special mention about this ‘Hello’ hoodie that I purchased for my recent trip to Portugal. It’s from Hari And The Gang a brand I found on Instagram. They are offering this gorgeous style of hoodie at a very reasonable price of £42.
I have found the quality to be very good, it’s a straight fit which I personally think is great as it doesn’t baggy too much around your waistline, making it easier to wear under a trench or perhaps a shorter jacket.
I purchased a Medium for a 12/14 fit, and I would say it was spot on for me, I think if I opted down for a smaller size it would be tight on my shoulders. It’s available in black, grey, this ‘camel’ nude colour and I have seen it in pink but it’s currently out of stock.
To find out more, click here
The post THE TRENCH COAT/HOODIE COMBO was on Loved by Lizzi first.