It’s that time of year where we are panicking as to what to wear to the Christmas party!
Don’t always think you have to buy a new dress, why not have a go at restyling – if you’ve always worn the same shoes and accessories with said dress, why not raid your entire wardrobe to see what other accessories you have, and spend time one afternoon trying lots of different things on with it.
Here are a few tips to try:
- Different tights or go bare with fake tan
- Change the shoes, if you’ve always worn silver sparkle with open toe, what would stilettos look like?
- Go for different jewellery – keep to one statement piece!
- Add a brooch – preferably with some sparkle
- If it’s a sleeveless, why not add a fur cape or a chiffon/lace full sleeve bolero/cardi
- Think about your hair; if you always wear it down, then why not speak to your hairdresser about getting it out up professionally for the special occasion
The simple changes can make a big difference!
My Christmas party is this Wednesday, and I bought a dress a few months ago, which I’ve worn a few times already….and you guys have seen it too, as it’s on my profile for my blog and twitter!
The dress is from Whistles, and its a classic LBD, perfect bodyline for my hourglass shape with lace sleeves that keeps it on trend for this season. I’m currently accessorising this thick black tights and platform suede shoe boots which makes me tower over my hubby 😉 !
Malou Lace Sleeve Dress
One of my girlfriends Kelly, will be wearing this dress from River Island, I love the detailing around the waistline, the sleeves give it a evening class that’s perfect for parties, and by adding some sparkle to her accessories this will complement the dress so well.
Black Sequinned Waist Draped Dress
But if you want to splash the cash, then why take a look at these options!
Ted Baker Pasion
TABIE – Sequin dress
Adrianna Pappell at House of Fraser
Pave Beaded Dress in Blush
Was £250, now £175
Spectacular Sparkle Maxi Dress
I would love to know what you’re wearing, so leave a comment and tell me all about it.