View this post on Instagram
Autumn is one of my favourite seasons to style, here are my new Autumn buys or must haves for this new season!
Coats and boots should always be purchased early in the season to get that ‘cost per wear’ that I am always talking about. Waiting for Black Friday or the January Sales are likely to result in two things:
- The coat or boots you really – truly – wanted; are likely to be sold out (as Retailers now are cautious about holding too much stock – and the likes of Zara, H&M, River Island they tend to work on 8-12 week cycles)
- If you are in the mindset to buy regardless that your choice has gone; you run the risk of buying a ‘it will do for now’ item which is not good for your wardrobe and certainly not great if you are trying to get involved with sustainable fashion
THE HIGHSTREET HITS I’VE SHOPPED FOR THIS AUTUMN
Last year I missed out on the raincoat I wanted, it sold out in September; I wasn’t going to make that mistake again.
I’ve opted for this longer length rain coat that is showerproof and it looks like two jackets but it’s actually one! The quilted gilet gives a nod to this season’s trend of the quilted jacket, plus I like that the hood gives that hoody-jacket vibe that I like to wear.
Overall this coat reminds me of the 90s and my Oasis chick days and I love, love, love that this rain coat has the drawstring waist-ties so I can show off my hourglass shape and not look like the coat is wearing me!
Available at NEXT for £80 – Khaki Green Hybrid Parka Jacket
For my new Autumn buys, I’ve chosen to have boots that have laces (although there is a side zip for easy access). I wore my last winter boots so much, I actually cracked the sole, so I’ve chosen to spend a little more this winter, as they truly do become a daily item that I wear at some point in my day.
This style I have chosen say ‘Lizzi’ without me even saying a word – I love embellishments, especially on my accessories and with gold detailing all over the boots with studs and trims. Even the lace holes are detailed with little pearls – the whole design matches my personal style and that’s what your own boots should do.
I bought mine in store at John Lewis in Oxford (Westgate Shopping Centre) but you can find them online (and the home page!) at DUNE.
NEW AUTUMN BUYS
I also shopped this cardigan which I just love with my jeans, couldn’t believe a) this was M&S or b) the price! They also have a pink & beige option too, which is just as lovely!
View this post on Instagram
The knitted dress is one of my favourite items to own, however I felt that the ones I own needed an update – especially as big sleeves are still so popular.
I have tried a new brand that I hadn’t really heard of before, Ro&Zo that I discovered through John Lewis and this is my first purchase. These are my three tips if you are considering purchasing:
- I sized up one dress size so that it wasn’t too clingy
- I chose to wear a slip under my dress to get a smoother line
- I ditched the material waist tie that comes with it; I didn’t think it was that great and I am not a big fan of material belts – it can make an item look cheap
The highstreet is certainly buzzing with new and exciting items – these are a few that I own myself or I’ve seen and I love!
Next up; ROSE INC MAKE UP HAS JUST LAUNCHED
W A T C H
The latest episode of Fashion Fix Live – I chat through both the coat and boots featured in this post.
Tap the image to take you there
You look AMAZING in that black dress! Thanks for the links to that RI Chanel-esque dress and those Chelsea boots! So right for this year! Xx
I am so pleased you enjoyed the post! Lizzi x