Head scarves or turbans are a strong trend this summer season – so easy to wear and let’s be honest it helps us with those bad hair days, especially if we need to stay away from washing it so much.
I’ve also found this year I’m less keen on a summer hat – Why? I have absolutely no clue, so this trend is really working for me.
I’ve tried tying my skinny scarf both as a bow (see below) plus I’ve also let it hang loose for a longer look – I personally prefer the bow as I don’t have much of a pony tail with my bob length hair but should you have very cropped or very long, I can image leaving it longer would look stylishly fab!
As for the turban version, well I have bought the black Zara one below – I’ve not had the chance to use it because in my mind this would suit me more for either the beach or poolside. With my fringe once you get your hair a little wet it can look quite messy, I am hoping this turban along with a bit of lippy and some earrings, will mask how unkept I’m feeling, because it will ooze glam – well that’s what’s going on in my head!! LOL.
Have a go at both – unfortunately they don’t allow you to take these small accessories into the changing rooms, so perhaps shop for them at a quieter time giving you the chance to try in store without too much fuss. Take a friend for the honest opinion BUT remember it’s meant to be an aid to keep a casual vibe stylish so let’s avoid perfection!
All images are from Pinterest
MY TOP TIPS
- Think about what colours, prints you like – perhaps take a look at Pinterest or Instagram for inspiration before you head to the shops
- Don’t try too hard making your hair look perfect – it’s meant to look natural not too contrived
- Head to You Tube and watch a few videos on how to tie the scarves
- Start small – try a pony tail and just tie a skinny scarf around the tail, keep trying new ways each time, and your confidence will grow
- It is harder with a fringe, but don’t feel you have to hide the fringe… work it within the look
- Think about the colour of your scarf and the print – it needs to work with what you are wearing (unless you are in a plain tee and jeans or a simple jumpsuit)
- If you love this trend – invest in two or three scarves/turbans as you don’t want to keep re-creating the same look
- Most importantly, spend time playing and getting to know how to tie it – don’t try creating on a special night out!
This black one below is what I have purchased for my beach/pool look – hardly breaking the bank at £7.99!
My Ted Baker scarf is from last year and I bought it in the sale – so always keep a look out for this sort of thing at your favourite premium brand stores – as paying full price for these kind of items can be quite expensive. Here’s a few I’ve found on their website.
I would love to see how you get on using your head scarves or turbans, so if you do post on instagram, please tag me in @Lovedbylizzi and feel free to use my hashtag #lovedbylizzi
The post SUMMER TREND: HEAD SCARVES & TURBANS was on Loved by Lizzi first.