Nothing quite says ‘Summer is here‘ than a straw tote bag! It’s an easy accessory to add into your summer styling.
I love a straw tote bag and you can style so many ways to give it a personalised touch.
I recommend that you take time choosing well, this is an investment worth making; as there is a vast difference between low-end and premium, which you can see in the quality of the straw used, the bag design and how long it will hold it’s shape.
Select well will mean you will love it summer, after summer, for many years.
LIZZI’S STRAW BAG SHOPPING TIPS
- Give consideration to the size you wish to carry most days (not just for your holiday) – will it hold the basic items you need? Can you add a few items in easily if you pick up bits whilst out at the weekend, so you don’t need a second shopper.
- The handles when they are on shoulder – are they strong, are they comfy on the shoulder, does it sit right when you have your arms down, swinging your arms back and forth?
- The handles when you hold it straight down – take a look in a long length mirror – does the bag sit high enough for you to walk along without having to feel you need to lift it slightly.
- The size – if you are petite – your tote can be too big that it’s doesn’t look right proportionally. In my selection below there are a couple of mini totes; these may feel better to carry around, day in, day out, rather than a big tote.
- Add your own personality – the straw enables you to add brooches or consider adding a silk scarf – especially if you’ve opted for a plain version. You have so much choice to change the look throughout summer to make one bag work really hard for you.
- If you are a classic style – this is really your kind of bag. Consider the colour sandals you wear most days, black, tan or white – whichever they are, opt for the same with your straw bag for that extra luxe look to your style.
STRAW TOTE BAGS – LIZZI’S SHOPPING EDIT
Have you listened to my latest episode on STYLING MATTERS podcast on Spotify?
COLOUR CONFIDENCE, QUIET LUXURY, SUSTAINABLE FASHION & HIGHSTREET HITS