SALMON & AVOCADO ON CRANBERRY & PECAN TOAST
I believe that selfcare is more than just beauty, rest and exercise – I feel treating yourself to a lovely lunch can really boost your mood and give you that ‘holiday feel’ when maybe all you are is having a quiet day at home in your own garden enjoying the sunshine.
I had this for lunch myself last weekend and I loved it. I made it all up… with the fresh bread I purchased that morning plus what was already in my fridge. I have no idea what the calorie count is but it does contain NUTS so please ensure you don’t give this to anyone with a nut allergy.
This is for one person, double up if you are inviting someone to join you.
RECIPE FOR SALMON & AVOCADO ON CRANBERRY & PECAN TOAST
Cranberry and Pecan Nut bread (I bought this fresh from M&S Food) – You can use any bread that you love, but I recommend that it’s suitable for toasting.
One pre-cooked fillet of Salmon – the hot chilli version (you can use the honey or plain version, if that’s your preference)
About 5 or 6 halved Baby plum tomatoes – I prefer these to cherry as they are slightly sweeter to taste
A couple of leaves of baby gem lettuce
½ an avocado
Chilli oil (or olive oil)
Salt & black pepper
- Prep everything BEFORE you toast the bread or it will go cold
- Halve the baby plum tomatoes
- Cut the lettuce leaves into thin strips
- Scoop out the avocado of the ½ you are using and cut into 1cm cubes
- Remove the skin from the salmon (I’m not keen on this) and break the salmon meat into chunky pieces
- Now toast two slices of the bread (if you bought the same as me you will need to slice it first – my slices are approx 2cm thick – you want to be able to taste the bread!)
- Place the toasted bread on your plate, and scatter over the lettuce
- Then add the chunks of salmon
- Scatter over the tomatoes, followed by the avocado
- Now drizzle over the oil you have selected – a small amount so that the toasted bread has something to soak up or it will be very dry
- Finish by adding Salt and Black Pepper
Enjoy with a glass of your favourite lunchtime drink & a good book to read.
Next up, EASY & SIMPLE WELLBEING TIPS TO GET OUT OF THE LULL OF LOCKDOWN