I’m not kidding, detoxing for nine weeks is not an easy task! The hardest part is eating out, and this is something I’ve discovered I do A LOT and I simply refuse to STOP. It does make you feel like an outsider and you also feel a little awkward around the people your with, as you don’t want to be a pain but you don’t want to compromise what your trying to achieve.
You can therefore imagine my excitement when I do find something to eat on the menu that ticks every single box for me. My delight came on my recent visit to Selfridges, from their in-house French restaurant Aubaine. On their menu was no ordinary salad, they had a Supersalad – which provided me with lots of the things I need to include into my daily diet (Priced very reasonably at £9).
So inspired by this salad, I decided to make a little extra effort the following day for lunch and create my own – I was very happy with it and it looked and tasted fabulous. Yes it took a little longer to make than just “chucking” it all into a bowl, but I really enjoyed eating it too! So here’s what I did and hopefully you might have a go yourself.
- Fillet of Salmon (Place on foil that has been greased lightly with olive oil, add a couple of slices of lemons, sprinkle of thyme and then add a few drops of either milk or white wine – wrap the foil so that you make a parcel place in a hot oven for 15-20 mins – be careful when opening as lots of steam will come out!)
- Butternut Squash (Cut up a single portion into small dices cubes – place in a hot oven with olive oil and roast for approx 20-25 mins)
- Cherry tomatoes – slice in two
- Cucumber – chopped
- Sugarsnap peas – chopped
- Sweetcorn – (I used tinned – just a few spoonfuls)
- Pomegranates (I underestimated how much time it takes to get them out! Allow a good 15 mins in your timings, but they add a real freshness to the salad)
Mix together in a bowl and drizzle a small amount of good quality extra virgin olive oil and balsalmic vinegar.