My favourite garment of all time is dresses. I simply love them!
I remember when getting married, my concern was not “would I find a dress” I knew it would be more like “which one will I pick”. In fact, if money had been no issue, then I would have purchased half a dozen dresses and just spent the whole day changing! – Oh a girl can dream!
Now in to prep for my forthcoming holiday, I need some day dresses. There were some important things I needed from these sundresses so they had to be versatile:
- I needed them to be fairly short – to enable me to get colour on my legs
- They needed to be cotton – so that I didn’t have to worry about suntan lotion staining
- I plan to wear my bikini for some of the time – so they had to suit the beach
- They needed to look girlie and stylish – for those great holiday lunches with a glass of wine or two
- Small budget – well I won’t be wearing them all year – this is for a two week holiday
So I went shopping a couple of weeks ago and was really pleased to come across this style of dress in New Look. The Olivia Sundress at £11.99. The dress ticked all the boxes above, and so I bought them in four different colour/patterns.
This dress is feminine, with a v-neck and a fun flirty skirt that nips in at the waistline. This one is my favourite out of the four that I got – Floral Alice Olivia Sundress
Remember – shopping for holiday clothes doesn’t have to be expensive. You need to think about how long you are really going to be able to wear them in the summertime, and for me these dresses are not suitable for work.
Also think about colours, style of dress, patterns – don’t go to on trend as you might like to wear them the following year or for the last minute holiday you book!
What’s your favourite sundress this year?
For those that read this on e-mail click here to leave a comment