Last night I attended an event held by LK Bennett London for St Albans Fashion Week in collaboration with Kim Miller Styles.
Kim opened the event by giving a talk about styling and
colour choices for your wardrobe and the value you can get out of it.With over twenty-five years’ experience, she gave
the audience an insight into some useful tips that they could easily adopt just
by spending a little time on their wardrobe.
|Kim Miller opening the LK Bennett event|
|Kim Miller talking about Colour Analysis|
|Model demonstrating how colours can or cannot suit you – these do and she is an Autumn!|
Let’s be honest, we all have things “hiding” away from
sight, that we’ve forgotten about or saving for best – but if you don’t use it,
was it really worth the investment? One of my very first blog posts was about
this subject, and so for a trip down memory lane, click here to have another
read (circa Nov 2011)!
The LK Bennett woman is likely to be the well-travelled
professional and with that you need a capsule wardrobe that works hard for
you.With only two minutes to make an
impression, because people look and then make an opinion – it can be hard to
change these views once it’s made.So
what you wear, every day, can make a real impact on your career opportunities.
The theme of the night was 15 key items into 50 potential
outfits – whilst we didn’t see every single possibility, it soon became clear
that by having a good basis of neutrals with one to two colours, mixing
textures, shoes, bags and accessories –
you soon could do a lot with very little.
|Model showing off the Andra Black Trousers and the gorgeous Lorde Smoke over the knee Suede Boots|
|I loved this long cardigan, ideal for the current weather where its not quite cold enough for the heavy winter coat – great for travelling in too. Sorry Ladies I can’t find it on the website, so ask in store if your interested|
|This Saskia Deep Rose Dress is perfect for business day or dress it up for a night out. Stitched perfectly to shape your body and with those sleeves ending at the elbow it covers up and enhances the length of your legs. Also available in green|
To see the full range of this seasons clothes by LK Bennett London, click here.
Some top tips for Kim!
Nail your style – Use social media like Pinterest for ideas and you’ll start to see a theme of what you like.
- Add colour – balance your outfits by mix & matching. Try to wear three colours in every outfit to add interest
- Think outfits – organise your wardrobe so can access all components like jewellery, scarves etc – take photos to remind yourself of outfits to help you select quickly
- High-low balance – think about where you really should be spending the money, Kim used an example of a dress for a wedding, why spend a lot if you will never wear it again?!
- Savvy with your cash – Think about the cost per wear, only buy what’s needed for your wardrobe by creating lists. Will it go with at least three items already in your wardrobe?
- For the Love & Joy – just OK is a big fat NO! – This has to be my favourite tip that everyone can adopt from NOW! Stop wearing what’s ok, if you don’t love it, if you don’t get joy from it – STOP!