Last Saturday I headed to Selfridges with my girlfriend Emma to check out the dresses and jumpsuits for this season’s party time!
If your looking for something to wear and your not sure exactly what you want, the best place to start is a Department store – this gives you a taster for different designers and high-street and you can usually try them on all in the same dressing room. (I say usually, the Karen Millen sales exec had some issues with Emma and I walking off with HER dresses!!)
|Image from homepage of Selfridges|
We found lots of sequinned dresses this season; so glitter and glam is everywhere and if your not keen on wearing it, you can accessorise with it! Lot of choice too in dress length; to the knee, long gowns and of course the stylish jumpsuit which has been vamped up for evening.
So get trying on! The more you try on lots of different styles the easier it will be to find that special outfit. Here are a few top tips to get you started:
- Go with a girlfriend – it’s so much more fun!
- Make sure that what your wearing to shop in, is quick and easy to take on and off! As you’ll spend quite a bit of time just in your bra and knickers….
- Get the sales assistant to work for you – got the wrong size or colour? simply ask them to go find the right one
- You won’t have any time to lose weight, exercise intensively or change your body shape (which you can’t do by the way 😉 ) – Party season is now, so if it doesn’t fit today it won’t fit on the night!
- Stay true to yourself – Emma and I needed dresses to compliment each other – a real challenge when we are two different kinds of people with two different body shapes and sizes. But by sticking to our own style values, we achieved it!
- If at first you don’t succeed, keep trying more on 😉
Here’s a few we found in Selfridges that you might just love…
Floral is a big trend this season!
Fitted floral brocade dress
|Karen Millen at Selfridges|
Structured tailored jumpsuit
We spent a lot of time in Miss Selfridge’s dressing room – and the assistant was very helpful! We tried on lots of sequinned dresses between us – however I’ve checked both websites and their long gowns are not featured online, so please go visit the store as you’ll love these! But here’s a taster
RUBY FIT AND FLARE DRESS
Was £150, now £105
Later this month you’ll find out were Emma and I are going to and we’ll be sharing our two fabulous dresses we bought in a future blogpost (a little hint for now is that they are black….and they are long!) – We are sooooo excited!