When I wake up in the morning, it’s lovely – why? Because I can’t see a thing! Short-sightedness does have it’s advantages as I can have a little longer and take my time before I choose to put the specs on and get on with the day!
In an era where lots of people are getting Laser eye treatment, it now seems that the more geeky your specs are – the more glam a girl looks! In fact sometimes I get quite jealous when I see a woman wearing really fab geeky glasses, my instant reaction is “I need a pair of them!” sadly though the expense of short-sightedness means you need to get it right first time, as the value of purchase can take quite some time to pay back!
Only this week I was at the opticians, and I can’t believe how much designs have moved on in the last couple of years. If you wear them most days like me, then this is one fashion item you should try to keep updated as your glasses say a lot about you as an individual.
Here are some tips to think about if you are a geeky spec chick!
- If your daily glasses are more than 3 years old – even if your prescription hasn’t changed, design and styles have moved on and you should think about updating them
- A lot of opticians offer 2 for 1 – so pick a couple of styles e.g. professional & casual for the weekend
- Take an honest friend! There is no point taking a nodding dog with you – you need honest opinions as you will be investing a lot of money and people are going to see them on you face, everyday!
- If you have contact lenses as well, wear them for trying on new specs that way you can see for yourself how you look
- Get your friend to take a pic of all the different styles you try on, not only from the front but from the side too – some Opticians offer this anyway
- You need to think about what you wear frequently – I love brown glasses, but I wear black most days to work, so it’s better that my frames are black too.
- Don’t be scared to try something completely new – if you love them and they look great – GO FOR IT! People will get used to the new you a lot quicker than you think!
- Get inspiration for what’s current by looking at your favourite celebrities / idols
- If you are checking out other people for inspiration – then make sure you are checking out like for like e.g. if it suits a blonde person it may not necessarily suit a brunette!
- Glasses are expensive – so take you time don’t feel you have to purchase on your first visit
The Queen of Geek Chic title has to go to Demi Moore. I just love her look and when I see pics of her, and she wears them publicly more often than not, I’m pleased to be a specky chick.
|Queen of Geek Chic has to go to the gorgeous Demi Moore|
For inspiration check out these other cool celebs – I’m loving Anne Hathaway’s and it seems the current trend is the bigger the frames the better – just make sure they suit the shape of you face.
|Top left to right: Anne Hathaway / Kirsten Davis / Drew Barrymore / Maddonna|
And these four gorgeous women agreed to have their pics included in this blog. Don’t you agree they look fabulous wearing their specs, and if you click on there names below, you’ll find out more about each of them. Thanks girls x
Top left to right: @Katie_Khan / @sadiebp / Sandra / @InvisibleEavie
Oh and here’s me – well I thought it was only fair to show off my specs too! To be updated in the very near future…!
I love my geek chic glasses, they can switch any outfit up in an instant!Charlottex xlilmisschickas.blogspot.co.uk
Another great post Lizzi and an inspiration to all girlies in glasses!
I absolutely love the big black geeky glasses! I'd love to upgrade my glasses but I paid so much for a pair of Miu Miu ones in a similar style to yours not so long ago that I just can't justify the money again!Ps I've awarded you a blog award, head over to my blog for details. Happy Sunday Lizzi!Meg xxhttp://wardrobeworship.blogspot.com