I love a jumpsuit – I think it’s because it plays homage to my childhood days of dreaming of being Kelly Garrett from Charlie’s Angels; I’m still so in love with Jaclyn Smith I’m forever checking out her twitter account @realjaclynsmith as she tweets photos every Thursday for #TBT of her Kelly days!!
In fact last Thursday night as I was driving to St Albans to meet the girls for dinner, I had my jumpsuit on and I was driving a low sporty coupe – All I needed was the telephone (with cord, in beige) in my centre console talking to Bosley and that just would have made my night!! 😉
|Image from @realjaclynsmith Twitter|
Back to the jumpsuits – I currently own two and every time I wear them I receive lots and lots of compliments. Jumpsuits are so easy to wear but it’s really key to get them in the right material, shape and style to suit YOU.
To get to the ones I own, I think I’ve tried on about 30! So here’s my tips as to what to look for when trying them on:
- If your curvy you need the material to skim your body line – avoid wearing starchy straight materials like heavy cotton as this will not look great. Both of mine are made from jersey.
- It needs to fit you perfectly; so avoid them if they hang to long between your legs, too tight across the bottom. Or if your like me, an hour-glass shape, then you need to opt for ones that have a belt or tie.
- If your concerned about lumps and bumps and you want to hide them; opt for patterned jumpsuits and avoid pockets where they might enhance your less likeable features
- If your body shape is straight and your bust-line is not too heavy then opt for a utility style with a button down front – these usually come in cotton or denim
- Heading out with the girls or for dinner? Wear heels – this gives the look an evening feel
- Shopping, on the go or simply walking the dog – then I recommend flip flops or flat sandals
- Have fun shopping for them, try loads on and don’t get hung up on the fit, as soon as you have the right one on, you’ll know!
- And if you need to fly anywhere and you need to arrive in style, this is the ideal time to wear one!
Another fan of the jumpsuit is Victoria Beckham, here’s one of her recent tweets from her trip to Singapore:
|A screenshot of my ReTweet from @Lovedbylizzi|
Here’s a few I’m loving!!
Rochelle Humes Strappy Jumpsuit
One of mine is from Wallis, and here you have the chance to mix two trends, jumpsuits and floral!
Tulip Floral Wrap Jumpsuit
And if you have cash to splash, then you’ve got to go DVF!
DVF at Selfridges
Amina geometric-print silk jumpsuit