I feel I have fallen back in love with leopard print – I think this type of print is marmite you either really love it or you don’t. The last couple of years I’ve owned a belt, a couple of scarves and my tote bag which I mainly used for airport travel and beach; but this season I’m going big on this trend – and I’m loving it!
I’ve invested in this gorgeous dress from &Other Stories which I’ve checked again and it’s still sold out online but do try in store if you are keen.
I’ve found this print versatile; the look above is for Out-Out, I teamed it with my H&M biker jacket, open-toe nude sandals and my new red clutch bag, this dress cost £69 but I felt like I was wearing a £200 dress.
My look below is the same dress, but this time I’ve dressed it down for a more professional look; here I’ve added my M&S black cashmere polo jumper, which I have to say is my best buy for AW17, this jumper will become a firm staple in my wardrobe (forever!!) – I’ve belted the jumper as I need definition at the waist but if you are not pear or hourglass, then avoid this. For extra warmth I’ve added a suit jacket which gives you the flexibility throughout the day if you need it.
A printed dress like this can offer you flexibility in different styling options – it’s a great way from taking a day look to evening without much fuss. Teaming leopard print with black is not only an easy option but it’s also quite a dramatic effect too.
Top Tips For Investing In Leopard Print
- You don’t have to start big, try a top or perhaps an accessory like a scarf
- It softens an all-black look – again accessorising with leopard print with a belt or perhaps a clutch bag will just enhance without making too much of a statement
- I would recommend opting for gold as your jewellery, I think this metal tends to lend itself better to this warm print rather than silver or rose
- A super fun way to add leopard print into your look is with shoes – be this flats or heels
- Avoid, avoid, avoid the top-to-toe leopard print look – there is no event I can think of where this would look great
- Don’t be afraid to wear it to the office
- Pillar box red, emerald green, mustard yellow and magenta pink are all fabulous colourful options to play with to mix some colour in with it too.
- And lastly, I think a little leopard print with a camel coat or camel dress looks absolutely stunning!
All images are from Pinterest
INVEST IN THE TREND
Now I saw this skirt yesterday in this gorgeous boutique in St Albans, fear not they have it online! I’m tempted myself after getting lots of compliments wearing my dress as a ‘skirt’ and I can’t do what I’ve done for the summer. This would look fabulous with a black tee with either heels or trainers, depending on what you’re up to!
I absolutely love my leopard print belt, mine was from Biba (House of Fraser) I’ve checked and they currently do not have any, but this looks like a fab option from TopShop
Sticking with TopShop, I’m planning on buying this umbrella, especially with all the rain we are having; I frequently have an all-black look to the office, this will jazz up my outfit should I need to stay dry!
A great way to wear this trend to the office is to start with a top, perhaps under a suit jacket – I saw this today in Tesco’s in the F&F collection and at £14 is a great way to test to see if you like it. The back of the top does have a slit which lends itself to be a little more interesting which could give you a day to night look too.
And finally, &Other Stories do have another dress, which is a mini length – great for forthcoming summer holidays or weekends – the shirt dress is another big trend at the moment, so this ticks two boxes for you!
Fit & Flare Shirt Dress
The post DOUBLE DUTY: WILD THING was on Loved by Lizzi first.